Wednesday, September 9, 2009

September Divine Design

09-09-09
What a cool date for Divine Design!
I'm a little late today, but maybe I can get a pardon since I actually made 2 projects instead of one.

You see, back in July I bought my best friend one of those pretty new collage style picture frames for her birthday. And I gave her a promise that 2 of the openings would eventually have some handstamped artwork. Well, here it is September and I figured I'd better get that project finished! I hope to get these in the mail tomorrow.
Maybe she'll get them before she has a chance to check my blog.

These panels measure 4x6. The verses are stamps from my favorite Our Daily Bread Designs anniversary collection. They aren't too elaborate because I wanted to make sure they weren't too bulky so they would fit under the glass. The colors were chosen to match my friend's decor. (They were a little difficult to photograph and are actually the same colors even though after editing my pictures are not.)
I hope you've had a change to participate in our monthly Bible Verse challenge. We've been at it for a while now. But, even if you've never played along before- it's not to late to start.
We would love to have you join in. The only criteria is that your project features a scripture. Perhaps it would be a verse that's touched you as you sat in church or maybe one that hit you like a ton of bricks during your quiet time or one that you've decided to commit to memory. The hard part is choosing which scripture. There are SO many good ones to chose from.
Then you'll make your Bible verse into a project that can be as simple as a bookmark or as complex as you want it to be! Should you wish to post your work on Splitcoast, please use keyword BVC09 so it can be grouped with other Divine Design projects.
My fellow Scripture Chicks
Lori Craig of Make a Difference,
Nancy Morgan of Paper Smiles,
Taylor VanBruggen of Taylored Expressions
Jami Bova (Stamp Happy with Sgt Stamper)
should have their projects posted at some point today as well!
Be sure to stop by and show them some love!
One of these days I'll catch up.....
~Angel

Project Recipe:
Stamps
~ ODBD Scripture Collection 1 & 2
Ink~ Versamark
Paper~ Black, Marigold Morning, Daisy D's DP- Flea Market Floral & Fortune Teller Stripe
Accessories~ Bold Black Embossing powder, Finial Press Embossing Folder (SU), Spellbinders Die- Symbology, EK Success Dotted Wave border punch, Ribbon FX ribbon, jewel (Stash)

4 comments:

nancy said...

wow, wow, wow!!! These are gorgeous Angel. Love every beautiful detail including your scripture choices. You are amazing my friend :)

Randi said...

Wow Angel, these are so beautiful.

Amy Sheffer said...

Incredible art, Angel!! Love the warm, rich colors with the beautiful Scripture!

Rose Ann said...

These are gorgeous!!