Monday, February 8, 2010

Specially Requested Thank You Cards

It's Monday, Monday....
How was YOUR weekend? I was a stamping machine. I made a lot of Valentines and some RAKs that I've promised to send. Hopefully I will get some photo editing done this week to share those with you!
For now, I've got a project I worked on last month.A very special friend of mine asked me to make her some Thank You cards. I would go out of my way to do a favor for this friend. She is one of a kind! VERY special.
Light Blue and Orange were the colors she requested so I went with Bashful Blue and Pumpkin Pie. Pumpkin is MUCH better than Only Orange. In fact, I doubt I have used Only Orange since Stampin UP came out with Pumpkin.

I came up with a simple design for a 4 1/4" card. And to keep from using too much of my supply of any one color, I alternated each color for the different layers. I used a stamp that was designed for a small tag punch, but it punched nicely from a circle punch as well.
I couldn't decide which Cuttlebug folder to use, so I used them all. I also used a variety of ribbons and added punched flowers for dimension.
On the orange and blue cards, I added a white panel inside stamped with a flower border. And I also stamped the envelopes with a pair of flowers. I love how these turned out. Each one was different.

Thank you for stopping by today!!
I hope you have a WONDERFUL week.
Be sure to say hi!
Blessings!
Angel

7 comments:

MelissaS said...

These are so pretty, Angel! You sure did get a lot done this weekend :) I'm jealous!

Anonymous said...

Hey. Love the cards. You have given me an idea for my thank you cards. Didn't get any stamping done this weekend. I need to finish my thank you cards and get them out and I need to do some birth annoucements. One day I will get them done. Take care.
Chrystal

Diane said...

Oh Angel! Those are all so beautiful! Just with the embossing like that,I love them all! The insides are gorgeous too and the added touch on the envies looks fabulous!
You we're busy as a bee were'nt you!

Rose Ann said...

They're all beautiful, Angel! I love the colors, texture, and pretty images!!

dragonfly said...

Love the cards. I need
to make some samples up
for my daughter. May I case your
cards

dclouser said...

Love these cards! I hope you don't mind me using this inspiration!

CreativeMish said...

Very pretty. I've looked at that embossing folder before with the birds but wasn't sure how it would look on a card. I love how you used it! Now I want it!