Friday, January 18, 2008

I Was Inspired!

I made this VERY easy card yesterday after stumbling onto the new feature- "Be Inspired" from Beate.
Her inspirational piece:

I love challenges such as these as you can just use the colors or only the layout or stamp however you're inspired to. In this case, I was very inspired by the layout AND the colors. I had just bought this piece of paper from "The Paper Studio" called Eye Candy Pink Paisley. So, I had to make the card. I didn't have anything in my stash that event remotely resembled the orange polka-dotted piece so I made my own! I bet you were wondering why there is a pencil in the pic! Well....
One of my favorite rubber stamps in my collection is a brand new pencil eraser! I keep one in my pencil cup on my desk and clean it after every use so it's ready for a new color the next go round.
In this case, I used Craft White ink and randomly "stamped" my polka dots on the orange panel.

Card Recipe:
Stamps~
#2 Pencil
Ink~ Craft White
Paper~ SU Choc Chip, DP: The Paper Studio (pink) and K&I Memories (orange)
Accessories~
Brown Ruffled Ribbon and White Ric Rac- SU, Chipboard from K & Co (Brenda Walton)


Have a great weekend!
Blessings~
Angel

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous card, Angel! Love the paper and your home made polka dot cardstock!

I have several new and unused pencils sitting in my turn around to use for stamping!
Hugs and smiles

Gwen said...

THAT is so cool!!! I am so going to try that!!!

Tracy.H said...

Okay...you are just brilliant, Angel! I am gonna have to try this myself!! :0)

Rose Ann said...

Wow, Angel! I love your inspiration piece!! Beautiful job with it!!

Rita said...

Wow! What a cool card & note book project! I luv how you designed it & put it all together, it's fabulous!

Lori Craig said...

This is cute! Great challenge take. :)

Becky Elfert said...

Great job. I love this concept of using every day things to be inspired. I'm glad to hear that you got to use your "favorite rubber stamp" - aka pencil eraser. TFS

Fe-Fe said...

Such a pretty card Angel.