Sunday, January 20, 2008

Aunt Ellen

My best friend's aunt passed away yesterday. Aunt Ellen was such a warm, sweet lady. I met her years ago before she was diagnosed with breast cancer. I am glad I got the chance to meet and get to know her.
Ellen fought a long and very difficult battle with the disease that eventually spread and could not be stopped. She loved the outdoors and she and her husband Rocky spent many weekends and vacations in their little cabin in the woods which I remember was way off the beaten track.
For the first time in years, Ellen is free from pain.

6 comments:

Peggy said...

What a pretty post:) I LOVE YOU!

Kelly said...

"For the first time in years, Ellen is free from pain." AMEN

Thanks for commenting on my blog and entering for my candy.
Bless you.
Kelly

Rose Ann said...

I'm so sorry. What a lovely tribute.

Rita said...

What a beautiful tribute! She is at peace!

Deborah said...

Lovely memories! I am sorry for your lost Angel. Deb

Silke Ledlow said...

This is so beautiful...please tell your friend I'll keep them in my prayers!!!