Friday, June 29, 2007

Polka Dots AND Stripes


I really loved this sketch when I saw it recently in a magazine and couldn't wait to try it. This card takes only a couple of minutes to make if you use coordinating DPs. I used my favorite "Grandpa's Attic" line of paper from SEI. I don't think you can go wrong with this paper line especially for masculine projects. The "Special Thanks" at the bottom was a rub-on (Paper Studio) and shows up better in real life. Some stiched ribbon (Michaels) is threaded through each end of a silver bead and adhered behind the black which is then adhered to Kraft cardstock. That's it. Told you it was an easy peasy masculine card.
I still have that set of Snap Stamps to give away. I'll be posting that in the next few days so check back!
Blessings~ Angel

Some soapbox ramblings: Don't forget to comment when something strikes your fancy on someone's blog. It really gives the blogger a lift to hear a sweet compliment from a peer/fellow stamper/crafter!

4 comments:

michelle sturgeon said...

That paper is really great for masculine cards! The bit of ribbon is a nice touch of detail.
(and I agree...it's sure a great feeling to read someone's comments on a blog!)

~Shade of my Heart~ said...

Ok...I really do need to start reding your blog like a daily "bible for crafters." I seem to miss a WHOLE bunch! I'd love to comment and participate but I seem to find them after-the-fact. So goes my life, it seems!! I'll be a better player and read more often!
BTW.. I LOVE the easy peasy masculine card. Can I fly you up to New York to help me figure out my baby announcement cards? I'm babied out after making ones for friends thinking I was done with that! I'm sending you my latest try!
Miss you friend!!!!

Linda SS said...

I love that paper. I have the SEI Granny's Kitchen collection and just love the 2-sided papers with all the matching tags and paper. Your set is just perfect for masculine cards and now I'll be looking for that set too:)

Angie Z ~ Duckwaddlequack said...

Oh I really like the papers on this! The ribbon and bead is fabulous!
~Angie