Saturday, October 1, 2011

Blingin' It!

Most of my time the last couple of weeks has been spent trying to find a job and of course trying to spend as much time as I can with my handsome little grand before I have to go to work.
You don't blame me, right?
BUT,
I made a card this week!
Aren't I crafty?

It's a Clean and Simple design- my favorite kind.
I grabbed Kraft cardstock at first, but wanted something a little softer for this card, so I went with Sahara Sand instead. That's a color I don't use that often, but I do like it.
Most of the DP is scraps, but you can tell that flowery piece is a Prima design. Hobby Lobby has a ton of new 6x6 pads and when paper goes 50% off, they are too inexpensive to pass up! I just layered my DP, sponging the edges with Sahara Sand ink to give it uniformity (is that a word?) and then to add interest and dimension I added a strip of cardstock over a strip of curly edged ribbon. Added my Bling and my sentiment and this card was finished.
The card was made as a sample for one of the Hope You Can Cling To challenges at SplitcoastStampers this weekend- to use bling! You can find more information about this month long event here.
Pssstt... there are giveaways!
And finally- here is the gallery of inspiring cards for this Blingy challenge!
A special thank you to my friend Lori for asking me to make a sample and giving me a great excuse to make a card!
Have a blessed weekend!!
Angel

1 comment:

Lori Craig said...

I don't blame you for snuggling that cute little guy all you can! Thanks for sharing your *beautiful* card with me! Hugs!!!