Sunday, February 22, 2009

Time for a Sneak Peek!

I just received this set in my mailbox yesterday! It's called "I am the Potter" and will be available from Our Daily Bread Designs on March 1st! It's SO much fun to play with! Now, as much as I would love to be able to expertly watercolor or even color with markers, etc with line images, it's really not my forte. I still play around with it from time to time because I think it's fun. But, I'm really just not that good at it. BUT, I can cut pretty well with a pair of scissors and these pots look SO cool paper pieced (stamped on DP and cut out). Don't you think? No coloring needed!I stamped the pots on some Basic Grey background papers and cut them out, adhered them to another Basic Grey paper and then added some Crystal Effects for lots of shine and dimension.
I used Beate's Weekend Sketch for this one because as soon as I saw the sketch this idea popped into my head.
I love how this card turned out and I have really liked everything I've seen so far from the design team with this set. It has LOTS of possibilities!
I may have some time later today to stamp some more and play with that awesome new ODBD sketch! I hope you'll play too!
Oh, and March marks the one year anniversary of Our Daily Bread Designs. We've got some fun stuff planned for you!! So stay tuned!
Blessings~
Angel
Card Recipe:
Stamps~ ODBD "You are the Potter"
Ink~ Palette Black
Paper~ Really rust, Choc Chip, Basic Grey DPs
Accessories~ Crystal Effects, MM brads, Linen thread, Paper Studio border punch


12 comments:

Anita said...

Beautiful card! This is an awesome set!

Rose Ann said...

Your pieced pots look amazing with the CE on them...and I love how you've used Beate's sketch!! Perfect scripture with the images, and I love the bordering and row of brads!!

Judy Rozema said...

Totally AWESOME pots and design, Angel!

Kelley said...

Terrific paper piecing!! Love the colors! So cheery!

Angie Z ~ Duckwaddlequack said...

This is gorgeous Angel!! :)

Kay's Creative Corner said...

Love the way you colored those pots!! They look so real... BEAUTIFUL card!

Laura (scrapnextras) said...

You picked the best papers for those urns...they look perfect! Awesome take on Beate's sketch!

Stacy Morgan said...

Very pretty! Oh one of my favorite songs, great stamp set. I can't wiat to see more.

Mary said...

Your card is very beautiful.

Mary

CreativeMish said...

Very pretty! I love the pots you created

Anonymous said...

How gorgeous is this!!! Love those pots! And these fabulous colors! Reminds me of home {sigh} Can't wait to see the rest of the set!

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

This is beautiful Angel!!
Great coloring! Love your background colors.
hugs,
Chris