Saturday, September 22, 2007

Butterflies for Beate's Weekend Sketch



Butterflies, Paisley, Ribbon and glitter.... a few of my favorite things!
And I used them for the always wonderful Beate's weekend sketch! She's had 20 sketches for us so far! Keep 'em comin', Beate! I hope I can do them all. {Wink}


The kids are watching a movie and the baby is sleeping so I sneaked away for a few minutes to finish up my card and post it. I am not extremely excited about this card. I learned that you need a darker backing behind the pierced image for it to show up very well.... especially in a photo. But I had stuck these guys down very well and they were not coming up! Sorry for the not so great picture. I had to take it outside and get it at just the right angle.
Card Recipe~ Card is larger than normal at 6 1/2 x 4 1/4.
Cardstock~ Rose Red, Cool Caribbean, So Saffron, SU Prints Sampler, Whisper White
Ink~ Cool Caribbean, So Saffron, Rose Red
Stamps~ Paisley Background, Sanded, Short & Sweet
Accessories~ Hodgepodge Hardware (SU), Flowers-SU SS Kit- Friends & Flowers, 2 way Glue Pen, Dazzling Diamonds Glitter, Scalloped Scissors, Ribbon- K & Co and Michael's, Paper Piercing tool & Template, Ice Stickles, Jewels from K & Co and Heidi Swapp


I hope you all are having an enjoyable weekend! My friend and her husband who's children I am watching are in Atlanta at the Braves' game so here's a cheer for the Braves- GO Braves!!
And guess what I FEEL like doin'? Yep, Stampin'!
~Angel

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like it Angel. I love those pierced butterflies! Thanks for always trying out the sketches! You rock!!!
Have a great weekend
Hugs and smiles

Jules said...

Great butterflies!

Deborah said...

Love this card ANgel! Beautifully designed. Deb

Sara said...

I think it's very cute! love these colors, don't they just make you happy??
I'm tagging you!! check it out--
http://desperatestamper.blogspot.com/2007/09/been-tagged-lately.html

kathy said...

What a great job you did

Anonymous said...

This is so pretty!! I love your take on Beate's sketch!

Rose Ann said...

So beautiful!! I love the pierced butterflies, jewels, colors...everything!