Thursday, September 1, 2011

Sending Love


Well, I decided today to blog! It's been a while, but I do have some projects to share that I have stamped. Where have I been? Spending as much time as I can with a little blue eyed blond of course! Hoping to
get more pics of this handsome little guy on my personal blog soon!

Last Friday I had an awesome opportunity to take a Copic Certification Class in Edmond, Oklahoma. The instructor, Lori Craig, is one of my dearest friends and has been such a blessing to me over the 9+ years I have known her. It was so good to see her again.
And to top it off I was able to meet a few of some special online friends in person- Beate, Jenn and Sharon. Oh....I had a wonderful day.I wanted to send a special card to Lori to let her know how special she is to me. And I wanted to use Copics on it of course! I don't have a good selection to color with just yet. So, I used my one Wide Copic- Y26 to color the seam binding. It made the seam binding a nice crisp ribbon and I really liked the color. I also colored the background paper with the Y26 Copic to match the ribbon. It started out a moss green.
The focal image was actually an illustration from a vintage children's book. I thought she was adorable. I punched her out and adhered it to a scalloped oval punch out which was sanded. The two pearl brads are mounted on to punched out circles. The Unity postage image and "Sending Love" sentiment was the final step.
I actually mailed this card the same day I made it! Love it when that happens!
I hope to get some more pictures edited and some posts up.
Let me know if you read this...just say hi!
Blessings!
Angel

1 comment:

Kelly said...

Hi Angel! It's nice to see a post from you. Is that your beautiful grandbaby????? He's gorgeous and I bet soooooooo much fun!
Hugs to you lil' missy.