Monday, September 7, 2009

Just Rite Snowflake Gift Bag

I know you don't want to hear this, but Christmas is only 108 days away! If you are anything like me, you wait until the day after Thanksgiving before even starting to prepare. Not this year! I've already got my Christmas cards started and a few other projects ready! And I hope to bring you one holiday project each week until Christmas! More bad news....that's only 16 projects. I'll start with this cute little snowflake bag I made using some of the new "Just Rite" Christmas stamps. If you like personalized projects... these are the stamps for you!
This gift bag started out as a plain white large lunch sack. (I bought these in bulk several years ago and I am still working on that stash.) I cut off the top with Fiskars "Cloud" scissors and added a panel of designer paper to the back and front adhering the ribbon handles under the paper and reinforcing them with a decorative pearl brad.
Having a love of butterflies, this little quote is right up my alley!
The snowflake is a Sizzix die which I've doubled.
These colors go so well together too... Paper Trey Ink's "Aqua Mist" and the retired Baja Breeze from Stampin Up.
I chose to insert a snowflake punch in the center and added a layer of crystal effects with a bit of glitter sprinkled on top. This bag didn't take long at all to put together. I'm hoping to have a few more made in the next 108 days!
I'd better get busy!
See you later!
~Angel

Project Recipe~
Stamps: Merry Little Christmas by Just Rite
Ink: Baja Breeze
Paper: White, Baja Breeze (SU), Aqua Mist (PTI), Figgy Pudding DP by Basic Grey
Accessories: White lunch sack, Aqua Mist 5/8" Grosgrain Ribbon (PTI), Fiskars Cloud Scissors, SU Eyelet Border Punch, Crystal Effects, Dazzling Diamonds Glitter, Sizzix Lg Snowflake Die, Martha Stewart Snowflake punch, Pearl Brads (Paper Studio)

6 comments:

SueB said...

A WOWzer, Angel! I love the DP and the card stock colors AND the snowflake - TFS!

Riet said...

what a beautiful bag angel,i love the papers.

Hugs Riet.x

Anonymous said...

Lucky recipient of this beautiful handmade gift bag, it's so...snowy and pretty! hmmm luv the sizzix die, can that work in the CB?

Mary said...

Your gift bag came out loveley. Thanks for sharing with us how you made it. Great idea! Yikes! only 16 weeks to Christmas. Where has the time gone.

mary

Rose Ann said...

Your snowflake bag is so very beautiful, Angel!! I love your Sizzix snowflake and perfect quote!!

Sharon Harnist said...

Wonderful gift bag, Angel -- love the huge snowflake die cut and glossy small JR snowflake! Beautiful project!