Saturday, July 25, 2009

Glittery Birthday

Don't you love a little sparkle every now and then? My best friend is a girly girl and I knew she'd love a little glitz. So I decided to use a sheet of Stix2 double sided adhesive in my die cut machine with Sizzix "Flower Layers #3". Then I added some micro beads and glitter (Stix2) and layered them up. I think she liked it.The Paper Trey Inc sentiment was a little too long for my Word Window punch so I used a trick I saw online to make it bigger. Here is the link to the tutorial. The layout is an old standby. Gotta love those!
Here is a close-up
.We're having a relaxing weekend as hubby finishes up the last of his leave. I hope you're having lots of sunshine wherever you are too!
Blessings!
Angel
Card Recipe:
Stamps
~ Paper Tray (PTI)
Ink~ Pacific Point
Paper~ Cool Caribbean, Gable Green, DCWV DP (Citrus Mat Pack), White
Accessories~ Sizzix die (Flower Layers #3), Word Window Punch, Stix 2 Double Sided Adhesive Sheets, Stix 2 See'd Bead & Fine Glitter (Blue), SU Eyelet Border punch, Corner Rounder punch, Prima flower, jewel brad

4 comments:

Monica-FC said...

is the card ever so glittery. it does show up nicely. love it.

Riet said...

What a gorgeous card Angel,i love the flower and papers.

Hugs Riet.x

Mary said...

What a lovely card. I like the look of the microbeads and the glitter together. I'm sure that your best friend will love her birthday card.

Mary

Rose Ann said...

This is so very pretty, and I love the close-up to show the detailing of your beautiful flower!! Wonderful card, Angel!!