Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Above My Desk



I moved things around in my stamp room a bit recently. To make room for my new Clip It-Up Ribbon Organizer!!!!! It's so cool to have ribbon right at my fingertips! I know I'll be using it more now.
At first I had the ribbon lengths clipped up right onto the clips, but it left teeth marks in most of the ribbons, so Katie helped me make some ribbon holders out of chipboard. We cut the cardboard into 2" x 4" pieces and used a tag punch to make indentations where the ribbon could be wrapped. It took a little time, but it saved my satin rbbons especially.
Look, there is even a place for my ribbon/fabric scissors!

Do you see my framed name above the Clip it Up? A while back my sweet friend Kelly made this for me! I felt so incredibly loved when it arrived in the mail from Canada! Kelly is incredibly talented. Her expert area of creativity is "art journaling". I wish, wish, wish I had even a little ounce of the artistic ability Kelly has. Her art work is incredible and you can tell it has heart and soul... hers! Thank you again, Kelly!
The difference between try and triumph is just a little UMPH!"
I liked this motivational saying so much I made a little plaque if it to hang above my desk to inspire me!

We enjoyed a long weekend here in the Wilde house. It was great timing since Katie just got home from Kansas. Sporting a new look that I love, I might add!

But... back to life! I've got stamping and crafting projects lined up! Time to get to it!
Thanks for stopping by today!

~Angel

6 comments:

Betty Wright said...

Angel,this is fantastic!!! LOVE how clean it is!!! WOW!!! Great namesake frame and I love the quote. Beautiful daughter!!!
TFS!! Blessings to you and yours!!!

Grace said...

Hi Angel! Wow I love your new ribbon organizer! I just redid mine too and I think I like yours better! LOL! Love the card below too... great hinges!!!

Judy Rozema said...

Angel, that organizer is awesome! I have a Clip It Up, but not that one - yet! Beautiful picture!!

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

Ooh! Love that organizer. I have decided that I have much too much ribbon. I don't even know what I have anymore. Love the piece of Art your friend made for you with your name!! By the way...you are creative and do have artistic abilities. Missing you already!
hugs and blessings,
Chris

Peggy said...

Very nice! That would make a good tackle it tuesday post. Katie is SO PRETTY! Luv U

Rose Ann said...

Your space looks fabulous, and I'm loving your yummy-looking ribbon too!!

What a special piece of artwork, and wonderful motivational plaque too!!

That is a beautiful picture of Katie!!