Saturday, March 28, 2009

A Stamp-a-Stack!

With some encouragement from a great friend, I finally decided to try and find some local stamping friends. It's been a while since I've been able to sit down and stamp with others who share my passion.
It's easy enough to look up a stamping demonstrator on the Stampin Up website. I found a couple in my area who offer classes and lucky me, one of them was holding a Stamp-a-Stack yesterday! She graciously allowed me to attend very last-minute! Her name is Debbie and she also has a blog called Debbie's Addiction. She and all of the other girls at the class really made me feel welcome and I had a blast! I wish Debbie was a little bit closer, but I'll still be at most of her classes I'm sure!
Debbie has graciously allowed me to share on my blog the cards we made. She chose some great spring stamp sets and I was so excited to be able to play with some things I don't own!
We made 4 each of 4 designs. The first card we made was using the set "Cheep Talk". It's on my wish list and so now is this Kiwi Kiss ribbon!! So cute! Even though I said I wasn't going to get sucked into the new SU in-colors, I recently ordered them ALL. Tsk Tsk!

The next set of cards I made was using the set "Eastern Blooms" and the so-cute "Sweet Always" papers! The sentiment comes from "Best Wishes & More".Just for fun, I added some Crystal Effects and tiny glass beads to the flower middles when I got home.
The next project I moved onto was a set of cards using the small set "A Flower for All Seasons". This was the first time I had used watercolor paper and I was pretty impressed. The sample Debbie had used the little water pail of flowers with the cutesy frog. I decided I wanted one of each of the cute images. I loved the basket of tulips with the little bird. I also added a little glitz with a Sakura Gelly Roll Stardust pen. The cardinal with a pot of flowers was probably poinsettias for winter, but I tried to make it more springy. An Ooops of ink smudge became an opportunity for embellishment when I added a flower to the corner.
Lastly we used the Playful Petals set with Tea Party papers. We stamped the flower with Purple Stazon on vellum and colored it in with markers. It's very pretty. I adhered the floral panel with dimensionals to give it some pop. I was running out of adhesive at the class so I did that at home. I left most of my cards without sentiments so I could add them later. Any of these cards could be birthday cards, Easter or Mother's Day!
Thank you again, Debbie for some great projects and most of all for the fun time I had stamping at your lovely home!
~Angel

10 comments:

Riet said...

wowww Angel,what a beautiful cards,l love the color.

hugs Riet.x

jami {sgtStamper} said...

What an awesome bunch of cards - I'm so happy for you that you found some people locally to stamp with!! Sounds like you had a great time!

Amy Sheffer said...

So happy for you that you found a demo and some local stamp friends!! The cards are beautiful!!

SueB said...

Glad to hear you searched out an SU group! I JUST last month stamped a bunch of images on watercolor paper for my first time too but haven't colored 'em yet. They were all spring-related so I'll get moving on that soon! Enjoyed the cards - TFS!

Megan said...

Good for you! Cute cards.

Jane Wetzel said...

these are cute Angel! makes me miss the classes Kelley did before she started the company..there were just a few of us but we really accomplished alot!

Linda Crowder said...

These cards are really great. It is so much fun to stamp with a group and not be the teacher. I enjoy it so much but haven't found anyone in my new area. I must try that too, didn't think about calling a S.U. demonstrator. Thanks for the tip! I saw your blog listed on the Blog Roll on the Uhu site. You are famous, glad I already have your autograph! Blessings, Linda

Rose Ann said...

Wow...Angel!! Your cards are beautiful!! How fun for you to get together with other stampers!!

Anonymous said...

Very pretty cards! I love getting together with others and stamping. In fact, I went to a Stampin' Up party this past Saturday (second weekend in a row). It's a great way to learn new techniques. I love it. I haven't had the chance to comment lately but I still check out your blog almsot daily. :-) ~Lucy~

Lori Craig said...

Beautiful cards. What is the paper on the last set - the floral... So glad you went to her class and were able to meet some girls. Yeah for you!! Maybe I should do that! :)