Friday, July 4, 2008

July 4th Update


I'm still here!
Our house is empty. Most of our belongings are in South Carolina in storage. We are staying in the house here in Georgia until Kevin's last day of work here which is July 21. Then we will head to South Carolina. We are going up there to look around for a couple of days next week.
We kept our air mattresses to sleep on and a few lawn chairs to sit on. We have one TV and my laptop. A folding card table is our dining table, but we mostly use TV trays. I am actually worried that what we did keep may not all fit in the van and my vehi
cle. Of course that didn't stop me from keeping quite a bit of my stamp stuff. LOL
The last 3 days we kept Conner and Brodie while their house was being packed up. (Their mom just retired from the Air Force and they are moving back to Alabama.) The twins are gone now. The house sure is quiet without them.
The real estate market is proving to be particularly rough right now. Our house has been on the market for over 2 months and we have had TWO showings. That's scary to us, because sold or not we are leaving for South Carolina in less than 3 weeks and paying to live somewhere else. We lowered our selling price as much as we really can. Please keep us in your prayers, friends!


With my daughter's help I finally figured out how to upload pics to my laptop from my camera. Yay!!!
AND I received some new
ODBD images from Kelley this week so I'm hoping to do some stamping over the long weekend!
I hope you all have a
wonderful holiday weekend.

~Angel~

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Angel, I hope things work out with your house. I'm sure that is causing a lot of stress right now.

Rose Ann said...

I hope you had a nice 4th of July, Angel!! I am praying for the sale of your home.

IHugs!!

Anonymous said...

Very stressful I am sure. Hang in there and I will pray for it to sell very soon.

Deborah said...

Such a cute picture of the little ones! Good luck with the house in this market! Hope your Fourth was a bang! I too am hanging in there, really rough week! Got to be tough! Hugs, Deb

Peggy said...

those twins are so cute! I wish I could have met them!

I have been praying for you. I don't understand why there are not more showings? Your house sells itself, but you have to have people see it. :( I hope something happens soon.

Love U!

Patti Gingrich said...

Thanks for keeping us updated Angel. I'm so sorry for the delay in the sale of your house. I'm sure the right family will come along. You remain in my prayers. Sending you smiles~ Patti

~Shade of my Heart~ said...

Sending house selling prayers your way! It's so funny how you think you have an original name for your child and then you start seeing it everywhere!! Those two boys are precious!!
The kids and I are out of here on the 28th of July and Jason will follow on the 12th of August. (He's doing the house packing by himself!!!well, the movers are, but I'll be gone by then!) We're hoping for a short housing list so we can get an on-base 5 bedroom!