Wednesday, December 19, 2007

It's Christmas Time!

I am SO excited that I can hardly stand it. In just a little over 24 hours my kids will be on an airplane headed from Missouri to Georgia! Today will surely fly by. I have a habit of leaving lots to do the day before something big like this. That way the time goes by SO much faster. So I have a ton to do today including wrapping and baking and cleaning. I will stay very busy.
But first I thought I'd share. I went to lunch with my sweet dear friend Shelley yesterday. She brought me a Christmas present that I have to show you!


















Isn't it cute? But, do you know what it is? I thought about turning this into a guessing game, but I just don't have the time. So I will tell you. This cute little high heel which measures only 5 1/4" x 2" is a functional HAMMER! Yep, this is my new eyelet setter. Isn't it cool? I LOVE IT! At my last job, some of the ladies actually used their shoes to pound in nails to hang things when there was no hammer around. I love my little shoe hammer. Thank you, Shelley!
I've also been blessed to have gotten many pretty Christmas cards in the mail. I LOVE cards so I love this time of year when nearly every day a card arrives in my mail box. I love them all! From postcards to store bought in a box or individually, handmade, stamped or photo cards, I just love cards. I have to admit, photo cards are a favorite. After Christmas, I usually cut out the photo and put it on my frig.
Of course, handmade cards are quite special to me as I know the love and thought that went in to them. So far this year, I've gotten a few handmade cards. Should I share? Well, yeah....






This first one is from my friend Tracy in New York. (Wow.... Trace, I've never had a friend in New York before. That sounds funny.) Tracy used a classic- Frosty. May he live forever.







This next one is a beauty from my Kansas friend, Kristina. She does very VERY good, huh? This is my favorite SU color too... Soft Sky!


















I was so surprised AND excited to receive this GORGEOUS card from Monika. My hubby loves this card. So do I! I keep studying that bottom white edge that looks so much like a snow drift. How did she do that?










Raissa sent me this very pretty blue creation along with my prize from her card contest. I just love it!

I'm off to start my chores. I hope you all have a great day that's full of the CHRISTmas spirit!
~Angel

15 comments:

Kathy W said...

What an awesome gift!! I've never seen anything like this; what a great idea for a hammer, and I love the colors and butterfly. You received some very nice cards; thanks for sharing.

Peggy said...

I LOVE LOVE LOVE that hammer shoe! What a cool idea.

Rita said...

WOW!!! I LOVE this hammer, this gift is so unique!!! Lucky girl you! Great cards you got there Angel, their all so beautiful! Have fun with the kids!

Misplaced Texans said...

How cool!!!! What a neat shoe/hammer! Whoever thought of that was a craft lady! Great cards!! I'll have to file them away for ideas for next year. Always looking for new ideas!
And yes, Angel.. I am SOOO looking forward to the new catalog. I just hope there isn't much good stuff so I won't want to buy it all!!

Jan Scholl said...

my daughter the American Imelda Marcos would have a major anxiety attack if she saw a shoe being used for anything but footware! When my almost 11 year old neice asked if she could wear her cousin's snazzy shoes, my daughter blanched! I kid you not!!

Rose Ann said...

I am so excited for you, Angel!

I love your "hammer" and lovely Christmas cards that you've received!

Michelle said...

Those cards are beautiful, and what a cute shoe...er, hammer...

Vicki (SCS basement stamper) said...

Wonderful creations!! Love that shoe hammer!! :) Have a very Merry Christmas!

dd2njoy said...

Hi Angel, I was just wondering if you had any updates on the weight loss buddy thing. I'm just wondering if all of us are really into it or if any dropped off?
I was just curious.

2 Worlds said...

Happy Xmas !

Lori Craig said...

Your cards are beautiful! Kristina - girl I love your card! :) Merry Christmas!!

Eleanor said...

No way! That's a hammer? That's the prettiest hammer I've ever seen!

Belas Creating Place said...

oh my I love the shoe...great job. The cards are so pretty.
Have fun in Texas.....

Merry Christmas, from:Bela
belascreatingplace.blogspot.com

Melissa said...

That shoe hammer is AWESOME!! Lucky girl :)

Fe-Fe said...

I love your shoe hammer. That's amazing. So cool.

Wishing you a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!

Hugs Fe x