Thursday, October 4, 2007

She's Got Style


I saw this saying and I made the card for someone in particular. She's a blogger and a legend in her own right. She takes the time to reply to almost anyone who comments and almost each and every time she posts a creation on her blog I say "Wow!" Some of you will know immediately who I am talking about. Seeing this saying, I immediately thought of her. But,now, having finished the card, I seem to recall she may not like the color purple. That added to the fact that I am not pleased with how the card turned out.....I don't think I will be sending it her way, which is why I won't name her. :-) But, I'll try again later. :-)
Details-
Card base is from DCWV Pocket full of Posies stack- which I stamped the leaf image (Rubber Stampede- Rose Leaves) in Almost Amethyst craft ink onto. Two strips of DP are behind the focal image- (one from the same stack and the other from this blog candy received) I stamped some stitching in Eggplant (Technique Tuesday- Hanging by a Thread). The sentiment comes from a 12x12 sheet from KI Memories (Colorful- Wisdom) and is mounted onto squares of Amethyst and Mint then distressed and then stamped with stitching. Lastly I punched some tiny flowers from one of the DCWV papers and mounted it onto a circle of another DP from Ebeth and then added stickles to it. Whew.... sorry, but there were so many steps here!!
Almost forgot to mention that this card was made using Sara's Sketch #26!
I have two left- 25 & 27!
I hope everyone's day is sweet and sunny. Today, I am going to pray for each and every person who reads this blog... that God would bless you in a special way! Not, just because you were kind enough to have stopped here, but because God loves you and I hope you know it!
Stampin' Hugs~
Angel

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey Lady. I am praying for you as well. I hope that you day is blessed. Take care. Love and miss ya.
Chrystal

Anonymous said...

That is a great saying!

michelle sturgeon said...

LOVE the sentiment!

Rose Ann said...

Such pretty paper, and I love that sentiment!

Alex said...

I love this card Angel - it is very pretty and the saying is wonderful. And, I think she would love it if you decide to send it *wink*

*STAMPIN HUGS* Alex

Jules said...

So sweet Angel. What a gorgeous card! What a nice thing to say about praying for us! I showed a new stamping project on my blog!

Anonymous said...

I love this card and think you should send it! Those colors are lovely and really match the sentiment.