Saturday, July 14, 2007

Simply Saturday- Using DP


Begin to end- 5 minutes. That's how long it took to complete this card. My idea of simple.
Designer Papers (DP), Background Paper (BP) or Patterned Papers (PP)- whatever you chose to call them, the fact is, they make easy backgrounds when you're short on time! The paper selection has never been better. There is something for everyone. I love papers from Basic Grey, Daisy D's, My Mind's Eye, K & Co, and lots of others! I always try to mention what paper I am using in my posts, because that is info I would want to know. When bloggers tell me what kind of paper they use, I look for those papers for future projects if I like them. We bloggers are the best thing that ever happened to the Rubberstamping/Scrapbooking industry. Wouldn't you agree?
Details, details- Card base is Barely Banana (white sometimes shows too much empty space IMO). DP is from Pretty Posies collection from DCWV- it sparkles! Ribbon is another freebie from Ellen Hutson- came with my last order. Sentiment is from Stampabilities (Hobby Lobby). And I also used a CTMH background (Leafy Print) in Barely Banana ink. This was an afterthought so it didn't stamp evenly. Last, but not least I added a little flower punch out from the same DP. It is actually the middle of my SU Snowflake punch.
I hope you enjoyed my first ever Simply Saturday! I've got lots more simple cards that will save you lotsa time!
Have a great weekend~
Angel

4 comments:

Allison said...

Cute work!

Rose Ann said...

I love that paper! This card is simple...yet so pretty! Great job!

Sharon in NE said...

Great card! I'm glad you're going to do more of these type of cards!

Kathy W said...

Does that pretty ribbon match cool caribbean paper? I just used the last of some, and I can't remember where I got it from. It looks just like that ribbon (kinda shimmery), and I did get a ribbon treat from Ellen awhile back when I ordered from her. Thanks for the great lead; I want more of that ribbon! And thanks for sharing a quick/easy card. I need more of these.