Saturday, July 14, 2007

Simply Saturday- Using DP


Begin to end- 5 minutes. That's how long it took to complete this card. My idea of simple.
Designer Papers (DP), Background Paper (BP) or Patterned Papers (PP)- whatever you chose to call them, the fact is, they make easy backgrounds when you're short on time! The paper selection has never been better. There is something for everyone. I love papers from Basic Grey, Daisy D's, My Mind's Eye, K & Co, and lots of others! I always try to mention what paper I am using in my posts, because that is info I would want to know. When bloggers tell me what kind of paper they use, I look for those papers for future projects if I like them. We bloggers are the best thing that ever happened to the Rubberstamping/Scrapbooking industry. Wouldn't you agree?
Details, details- Card base is Barely Banana (white sometimes shows too much empty space IMO). DP is from Pretty Posies collection from DCWV- it sparkles! Ribbon is another freebie from Ellen Hutson- came with my last order. Sentiment is from Stampabilities (Hobby Lobby). And I also used a CTMH background (Leafy Print) in Barely Banana ink. This was an afterthought so it didn't stamp evenly. Last, but not least I added a little flower punch out from the same DP. It is actually the middle of my SU Snowflake punch.
I hope you enjoyed my first ever Simply Saturday! I've got lots more simple cards that will save you lotsa time!
Have a great weekend~
Angel

4 comments:

Allison Rankin said...

Cute work!

Rose Ann said...

I love that paper! This card is simple...yet so pretty! Great job!

Sharon in NE said...

Great card! I'm glad you're going to do more of these type of cards!

Anonymous said...

Does that pretty ribbon match cool caribbean paper? I just used the last of some, and I can't remember where I got it from. It looks just like that ribbon (kinda shimmery), and I did get a ribbon treat from Ellen awhile back when I ordered from her. Thanks for the great lead; I want more of that ribbon! And thanks for sharing a quick/easy card. I need more of these.