Saturday, July 7, 2007

Make your Own Paper Piercing Template- Tutorial

My first tutorial.....bear with me.
Yesterday as I was blogging, someone in blog world (I can't remember who) mentioned the cool Ornare Piercing Templates available at Ellen Hutson's online store. Of course, I rushed over and bought one. (I am so impressionable.) I love paper piercing and wanted to try one of these cool designs and it was within my budget. I also got the Noir Black Palette Hybrid Ink Pad and refill. I "needed" this item! {wink}
Today as I was finishing my entry for the Sketch This Cards contest I decided my card needed a little piercing and I absolutely couldn't wait for the template to arrive. So, I made my own. I have enough swirls and flourishes, so why not?


I started with a sheet of Write-On transparency film, a StaZon black ink pad (which desparately needs reinked) and my favorite Autumn Leaves Rhonna Farrer flourish. I stamped the flourish and cut out the square it was on.


All I did then was place it where I wanted and poke the piercing tool through the transparency.


I stamped 2 of the same flourish so I could make them go both directions. All I had to do was turn the other one over and use it that way.


And I have reused the template again and again. I have other flourishes to try. But first I have to reink my StaZon Pad!


I'll be back later to give away those Snap Stamps so ya'll come back now ya hear??
Have a great weekend, friends~
Angel

8 comments:

~Shade of my Heart~ said...

The template people are pulling their hair out now that you gave away their "secret!" Way to go, Angel! Why can't I ever think of doing things like this??? Love the idea!!!

doverdi said...

What a neat idea. Thanks for sharing. I love the Rhonna Farrer flourishes.

Alhambra Club said...

What a great idea, thanks for sharing

Mrs. Nancy G said...

Misplaced Texans is so right on with her comment! Totally cracks me up. Thank you for the clever tutorial. It makes so much sense. :-)

Anonymous said...

Yeah! Good for you, now off to create my own :-)

Laura Evangeline said...

This is a super GREAT idea. I'll be using this one in the future for sure!

April said...

This is SO brilliant! You know I'll be doing this!!! Thanks so much!

Penny said...

Oh this is such a great idea! I know this is a very old post but I was searching for the Ornare templates and up came you with your brilliant idea, so thank-you! I will be trying this :)