Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Another Sketch Entry


This is Julee's Blogger Bingo sketch this week. I've been playing blogger bingo all along, but haven't done any of the sketches so I felt compelled to do what will probably be our last bingo sketch for now. Julee went to a lot of work and must be a computer genius besides being a stamping diva. Why do some people seem to have ALL of the talent?

Details, details: For this card I started out using my favorite DPs from the SEI "Grandpa's Attic" line. I have now cut into each and every piece. Three of the papers are featured on this card. Card base is Sahara Sand. I also used my new set from Rubber Stamping Fun. The sentiment and the flowers are both from the set. I stamped both in my new Noir Black Palette Hybrid Ink Pad purchased from Ellen Hutson (who by the way is having a big sale this Friday!). Primas cover the actual flowers to give it more of a 3-D appearance. The red prima matches better IRL. I also used the harlequin background stamps from my "Looks like Spring" set. The stitched looking stamp is stamped in Cranberry Crisp under the flowers inside the oval and the more solid harlequin is stamped in Versamark on the Sahara panel. The polka dot word window punches are folded over the top of the large panel with MM pewter brads on them (as well as the flower centers). I have an abundance of these brads as I originally ordered them to use with my wedding invitations, but they weren't used after all. Look for them in future blog candies! I scored the black strip that goes along the middle of the front into an "embossed plaid". It's really cool.
I will show you the gift set that I made to go along with this card in tomorrow's post along with my how-to on the scored plaid background which you can kinda see in this pic.

Thanks for visiting today!!
~Angel





6 comments:

michelle sturgeon said...

Great job with the sketch, Angel!

Rose Ann said...

This is such a beautiful card, Angel! I love the papers you chose, and the Primas are so pretty.

Alhambra Club said...

Great card, love your flowers and background paper

Anonymous said...

I really like this! You did a wonderful job with the sketch! Love the primas, the argyle background, the patterened paper! All of it!

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

This is gorgeous! I'm so glad you've been enjoying bingo. Love the look of that plaid scored background and I can't wait to get my RSF free set!

Ida said...

Very pretty Angela, I love floral cards & the primas are a nice touch. Great color scheme too. Ida