Sunday, June 17, 2007

Dad's Day!


Here is my wonderful hubby's Father's Day card.
If you care to know details read on....this is going to take a few....
I started this card with a base of Chocolate Chip CS in a long card size of 4 x 9 1/4. It fits inside a legal envelope that way. The colors were determined by a sheet of die-cuts by "One Heart, One Mind" that I got at the awesome clearance section at Recollections in Sterling, VA. The frame and the corners as well as the word window punched design came from that brown and blue sheet.
I love, love, love the Bohemia Collection from My Mind's Eye. The background of light blue with white diamnonds comes from that series. I finally used a vellum quote from my DCWV Vellum Quote Stack. I disected it a bit for the card- punching out DAD. Both parts are layered onto another paper from the MME Bohemia collection (Brown with Blue Stripes). A Cuttlebugged shimmery white piece is behind DAD in the oval frame tacked on with screw head brads. Have you seen the Glue Dots for Vellum? Well, you actually can't see them. They're so itty bitty. But they do work! A piece of white embroidery floss breaks up the quote a bit. I decided to do that since I didn't cut it apart and wished I had. Ticket corner punch and a little distressing about covers all of the boring details here. If you read this far, let me know by commenting. I may not ever give this many details again if nobody reads them. :-)
I hope all of the men in your life at a Happy Father's Day! And don't forget to thank our Heavenly Father for giving them to us in the first place!
I'll see you here tomorrow for the big drawing!
Blessings~
Angel

No comments: