Tuesday, March 15, 2011

A Black & White Proverb

While trying to get rid of a headache today, I did a little bit of stamping to get my mind off of it. I knocked out 2 challenges on this card-
as well as the Get Your Diva On Challenge which was to use neutrals with a pop of color.
The card was pretty quick once I decided on black and white. I dug through my scraps and found this cool black and white DP. The verse is one of my favorites and is a Plain Jane by Verve. The Victorian Embossing folder brought the black background to life. I nearly went with red as my color splash, but instead went with the bright spring green Prima flower and ribbon (Hobby Lobby) as my pop of color. Instead of hauling out my Wizard and dies, I went easier since my verse fit perfectly into my Marvy oval and scalloped oval punches.
Stamping helped a little, but I am hoping I am headacheless tomorrow so I can help take care of my grandbaby.
That's all I have for now!
Thanks for visiting!!!
~Angel
Recipe:
Stamps~ Verve Plain Jane (Prov 3:5)
Ink~ Versafine Black
Paper~ PTI White, Black (SU), B&W scrap (?)
Accessories~ Martha Cosmos Punch, Prima, Brad-stash, Ribbon (HL), Victorian CB Folder, Marvy Oval & Scalloped Oval punches

3 comments:

Beate said...

Angel, this is gorgeous! The beautifully embossed background, the matching card and just a little splash of color! Gorgeous
Hugs and smiles

scrappingnana said...

Beautiful card. The pop of color really sets it off. Gret job on both challenges.

Rose Ann said...

This is so gorgeous, Angel...and I love your splash of green! So striking!!