Friday, February 25, 2011

Quilting

I have been looking at quilt magazines a friend gave me. I have ALWAYS wanted a quilt. I do have a lap quilt given to me from a sweet friend as a housewarming present. It's beautiful too! I would love to have one on every bed in the house. They are so pretty! And I have decided to make one myself out of denim. One of my goals for 2011!
But when I saw the quilted card tutorial on Splitcoast, I knew a quilted card was exactly what I needed to make for my quilting friend whom we have stayed with 2 weekends in a row in Wichita!
The beautiful papers came from that awesome scrap basket at my local scrap store. They even have a ribbon scrap basket with ziplocks of 3 ribbons which are just short of a yard for a quarter. I need to stay away as even dimes and quarters add up!
Thanks for visiting.
Stampingly~
Angel

6 comments:

Lori Craig said...

Angel - this is *beautiful*beautiful*beautiful!

CreativeMish said...

Awesome card. I too love quilts and wish I were more patient and had the time to sew...

Kathy W said...

What a pretty card! Being a math kind of girl, I love the geometry of quilted anything. Very cool to have scrap baggies to buy; I'd be spending a lot of my change there, too. Thanks for sharing.

Rose Ann said...

Your Quilt Card turned out so beautifully, Angel!! I love the papers and texture!! Your friend will LOVE it!!

Peggy Maier said...

Simply gorgeous!!!

Beate said...

Angel, your card looks wonderful! Love the paper you chose for your quilt card.
Hugs and smiles