Sunday, December 20, 2009

CAS Poinsettia Blossom

The layout I used on this card was a sketch from last year's Christmas cards. It's a fabulous sketch and can be used so many ways! Katie and I made a dozen of this design. I was surprised that the piercing was actually a quick step and really added just the right touch! Two scored lines and rounding the bottom corners of the Riding Hood Red card was another little touch.
In place of ribbon, I used a strip of coordinating DP. I've done this on several of my cards this year. It makes it flatter AND more economical. If this were a birthday card or one I were making only one of, I would probably use ribbon instead. The DCWV Holiday stack has several of these fabulous tone on tone designs which were perfect for this purpose!
Please keep Brian and Katie in your prayers as they begin the journey here in the morning! Jake and Megan leave Tuesday to be here for Christmas. I am SO very excited...
Too much chit chat already.... Gotta go!
Blessings~
Angel

2 comments:

Riet said...

What a gorgeous card Angel,i love the papers.

Hugs Riet.xx

Diane said...

Oh what a beauty Angel! Love the strip of paper,it looks wonderful!!