Friday, February 20, 2009

Pretty Lilies!

I love a challenge. This month our ODBD design team had a challenge and it was a fun one- to send another team member a Valentine or friendship card. And pink was the only requirement. Names were drawn and secretly passed out. I love surprises so it was a no brainer for me. Of course I had to play!
The card I received this week came all the way from Japan! It was from the VERY talented
Sita. Isn't it beautiful?

I love the stitching which was on each and every panel! You should know... pictures just don't do the cards justice!
And the card I made went to New York to see the Oh SO sweet
Chris. My picture was a little on the bright side and hard to see that back panel which really is PINK! I used SU Candy Lane DP.

Both Sita and I used one of the pretty lilies from the Our Daily Bread Designs set "I am the Way" which you can see certainly doesn't have to be an Easter set!
That's all from me today.
I hope everyone has a great weekend!
~Angel

Card Recipes:

Sita's Card (as copied from her blog post
here)
Stamps:
Our Daily Bread Designs I Am The Way
Paper: White, Creamy Carmel, Really Rust, DP
Ink: Black, Creamy Carmel
Tools & Accessories: Clear EP, Ribbon, Cuttlebug & Folder, SU Punches, Prismacolor Pencil, Mineral Spirits, Sewing Machine

Love Card~
Stamps: Iam the Way (ODBD), Hope Is (SU)
Ink: Real Red, Lipstick Red Colorbox Chalk
Paper: Real Red, Candy Lane DP, Unknown embossed white DP, white
Accessories: Top Note Die, SU Rub-on, pearls and gems, button and white embroidery floss, Oval punch, Iridescent Ice EP

2 comments:

Rose Ann said...

Both of your cards are very beautiful, Angel!! I especially love the first with all of those layers and stitching!!

Anonymous said...

Both are such beautiful Valentines!! I love the little heart button...and the way you did the pearls with the square gems!!