Wednesday, December 31, 2008

January ODBD Releases

Happy New Year!
January 1st brings not only a new year, but also new releases from Our Daily Bread Designs! And you are going to love these new sets. I know I say that every month. I really mean it too. Kelley has a fabulous artist that really brings scriptures to life. AND one of our design team members, Dina Kowal also brings us some wonderful graphic designs in rubber through ODBD!
Here are the 2 new sets-
"He is Risen"- a new Easter favorite and "Lift up Our Hands" with unlimited possibilities.


I've got one card from each set to show you today. I found them both very easy to work with.
The first card uses "He is Risen".

I do love this cross made of 2 nails bound together. I chose the John 3:16 verse and stamped and embossed directly over the top of the cross of nails in a monochromatic design. The sketch is Splitcoast Sketch #208.
I used the Versamark with Classic ink embossing to emboss my verse in Chocolate ink. Vanilla and Chocolate are so pretty together don't you think? And the new Taffeta ribbon from SU is just lovely!
My other card I made uses the image from Lift up Our Hands along with a sentiment from "Flourished Christian Symbols". Another Splitcoast Sketch.... SC209 here.

I just got this new paper from Hobby Lobby. It's from My Mind's Eye and their "Out and About" collection. I really like it! I paired it with the gorgeous retired Soft Sky, Vanilla and Ruby Red.
That's all from me today. Kevin is home and we're going to watch some football and play some games. I've still got some time with my kids and then I'll be back tom posting on a more regular basis. Until then I'll be here as time allows!
Have a great and relaxing day!
~Angel

Card Recipes:

John 3:16 Card
Stamps~
He is Risen
Ink~ Chocolate Chip
Paper~ Choc Chip, Vanilla, Choc Chip DP
Accessories~ Textile CB Folder, Paper Piercer, Choc Taffeta Ribbon (SU), Clear Detail EP

In Our Prayers Card
Stamps~
Lift up our Hands, Flourished Christian Symbols
Ink~ Ruby Red
Paper~Soft Sky, Ruby, Vanilla, MME DP
Accessories~ Prima, Flower Trio Punch-SU, Polka Dotted Brad (The Paper Studio)

10 comments:

Jami said...

These are both beautiful Angel. I especially love the cheerful colors and paper of the Prayers card.

Hope you are having a great New Years!!
hugs, Jami

Amy Sheffer said...

I'm loving what you've done with both of these great sets, Angel! Happy New Year!

Judy Rozema said...

What beautiful cards you have made! I love both of them!! Happy New Year to you!!

Angela said...

Love the prayer card - the colors are lovely!

CreativeMish said...

Your cards look amazing! The new stamps are awesome! I've gotta go shopping!

joslyn said...

LOVE the colors of your last card. red and aqua love it.

Rose Ann said...

Wonderful sets...and your samples are gorgeous, Angel!! I love them both!!

Kelley said...

Angel...these are so nice!! I love the cross card, it is so cool! The Hands card is so pretty!!

Kay's Creative Corner said...

These are both so beautiful!!!

Laura (scrapnextras) said...

Gorgeous cards! Love the nail/cross image...very thought provoking as Easter approaches, and your praying hands card is beautiful and uplifting!