Monday, November 10, 2008

November Divine Design


Sorry I'm a little late this month. We've had a busy weekend.
Here is my scripture this month.
If any of you lacks wisdom, he should ask God, who gives generously to all without finding fault, and it will be given to him.
James 1:5
This verse came up in my Bible study and hit me like a brick! Has that ever happened to you? It's back to prayer. Asking God for the answer rather than relying on my own devices. I knew this verse would have to go into my book.
I found the sketch for this page on SCS. It's SCS 190. The medallion was made using this tutorial of my friend and fellow DT member, Becca of Amazing Paper Grace. It was quite simple.
Looking for corner punches, I was so sad to see I had gotten rid of a couple of my Corner Adorners thinking I wouldn't use them again. I would have loved to have tried them with this technique. Oh well.
I'm going to try making several pages for my book this month. I keeping finding more and more verses to go into it. I don't think it will ever be a problem finding scriptures!
If you're here for the first time and wondering about Divine Design, it's simply a challenge my friend Lori started at the beginning of the year. On the 8th of the month (typically) we (Nancy at Paper Smiles, Jami of More is More ,Taylor at Taylored Expressions , Lori of Make a Difference along with myself) post a project using a favorite scripture. We'd LOVE to have you join us! For more deets see this post.

Have a blessed week!
~Angel
Recipe:
Ink & Stamps: None
Paper: Choc Chip. Ruby Red, Summer Sun, Daisy D's DP
Accessories: Square punches, MM brads, Square Steps(?) Punch, CM Circle Cutter, Golden Yellow Satin Ribbon, Computer Generated Scripture using font- Ottum (Hallmark)

8 comments:

Niki said...

Angel,
Beautiful card. The verse is really great. I enjoy your blog alot.

Niki

Sharon in NE said...

God doesn't deny us what we truly need, does He? And I do need wisdom! It helps me assess if something is worth worrying about, or complaining about, (both doubtful). Wisdom helps me in my day to day struggles and issues. Its almost a panacea. How wonderful He gives generously!
Great card! Great verse!!

Becky said...

Great card Angel! I really like that idea. Now that you've gotten me into card making-THANKS by the way!-I'll have to give this a try! :)

Sharon (notimetostamp) said...

This is just beautiful, Angel -- I love it -- and such a touching and reassuring scripture!!! Thanks for sharing!!! I have not yet done my Divine Design index card for this month, but it IS on my list! I LOVE doing this challenge -- hope it continues into next year!!!

Tami Grandi said...

Love this and congrats on your Verve win!!!

Jami said...

What a wonderful scripture Angel,and so beautifully framed in your circle medallion!!
hugs, Jami

Rose Ann said...

Wonderful job with your medallion!! I love the colors and the verse!!

Laura (scrapnextras) said...

Beautiful! Love the medallion and the vibrant colours! Beautiful verse as well!