Monday, September 8, 2008

September Divine Design


I have been drooling over Kim Hughe's "Silhouettes" line of stamps at CHF. I've been wanting them for so long. Every single card I have seen made with these stamps has been just beautiful. It's definitely one of those "You can't go wrong" sets! I broke down and ordered Nature's Silhouettes and Silhouette Blooms 1 last weekend when CHF doubled their Club points. I am SO happy I did!
I used only 2 stamps from Nature's Silhouettes on my Divine Design project. The leafed stem I inked up in Celery Craft ink and kissed it to an Antique Cracking background stamp. Isn't "kissing" fun?
The verse I chose for my project was one that really spoke to me this week in my Bible study.
"For God has not given us
a spirit of fear and timidity,
but of power love and self-control."
~2 Timothy 1:7
Okay.... God gave me self-control? I sure should be using it!

Can you believe we're on our 9th month of Divine Design? If you haven't been playing along...I hope you'll considering joining me and the rest of the Scripture Chicks- Lori, Jami, Taylor and Nancy. Glorifying God with the talents He gave us. What could be better?
You can find more details on Divine Design on my previous posts. The concept is simple- find a scripture and stamp it or print it and design a project around it! Then post it on your blog or on Splitcoast using keyword BVC08.
My project is a page to a 6x6 book. It will soon be complete!
Thanks for visiting me today!
Blessings
~Angel
Recipe:
Stamps~ Silhouette Blooms (CHF), Antique Cracking (SU- retired)
Ink~ Celery Craft
Paper~ Vanilla, Artichoke, Black, DP- Daisy D's Frost Green
Accessories~ Hallmark Font- BixAntique Script, Half Pearls (?), Distressing Tool, SU Celery Organdy Ribbon, Fern Punch

10 comments:

CreativeMish said...

Very nice! I love silhouette stamps! What a great scripture verse!

nancy said...

Angel, this is so, so pretty! Love it!! That scripture is awesome and YOU are too :) !!! {{hugs}}

p.s. I use Duck Easy Stick monohesive (you can get it in a 4 pack at Walmart for about $10) and also have a Scotch ATG 714 monohesive applicator gun that looks cumbersome but it's not...and it's VERY economical! Here's the link: http://www.framingsupplies.com/3M/TapeDispenserGuns.htm ... the tape itself is really inexpensive, so it doesn't take long to pay for the applicator. I put group orders in occasionally to take advantage of the bulk discount.

Taylor said...

Very pretty,, Angel! I love the verse your chose this month!

Juli Smith, said...

Lovely Angel!

Here’s mine:
July
http://stampinjewels.blogspot.com/2008/09/scripture-chicks-july-bookmark.html

August
http://stampinjewels.blogspot.com/2008/09/scripture-chicks-august-bookmark.html

September
http://stampinjewels.blogspot.com/2008/09/scripture-chicks-september-bookmark.html

THANKS for your wonderful inspiration, and I look forward to finishing out the year with everyone!

Megan said...

I just love this idea of stamping the Scripture to store it our hearts--I might have to join y'all soon. I

Also, I voted on your adhesive poll. Duck adhesive (I can only find it at JoAnns) is great. Only draw back--it's not refillable. BUT, if you can catch it 40% off, you can stock up.

Adding you to my list of blogs to stalk!!

In Him, DML

Patti Gingrich said...

This is lovely Angel! Beautiful verse- so empowering. These silhoutte stamps are on my wish list...they're so pretty!

Rose Ann said...

This is so very beautiful, Angel!! I love those silhouettes, and of course the scripture!! Love the colors and your pretty bow too!!

Anonymous said...

Angel, this is positively lovely.
--Becca

Deborah said...

Lovely card and verse Angel! Hugs, Deb

Laura (scrapnextras) said...

Beautiful! Love the monochromatic look and the fabulous use of the silhouettes!