Monday, August 25, 2008

Our Weekend

It's so quiet here in my house. I'm all by my lonesome. Kevin's at work and Katie's at school. I really should be working in my stamp room, but I just had to show you what we did this weekend. After church yesterday (the same one we went to last week) we went shopping in search of a salt lick. I haven't seen a deer yet and am so anxious to see one. Well, NOTHING opens in this town on Sunday afternoon until 1:30 IF it opens on Sunday at all. Even WalMart ropes off everything but their food. The farmer's supply/feed store was closed on Sunday. We'll be going back there another day. We grabbed a bite to eat and waited for 1:30 so we could stop in to Lowe's. They didn't have the salt lick, but we did get a hummingbird feeder. We've been seeing these little birds off and on in our yard. Kevin hung it right outside our picture window. The feeder and nectarine were only around $10.00. (Cheaper than a movie and lots more entertaining!) Our first visitor wasn't a hummingbird, but a little lizard who appeared trapped. Kevin went out to rescue him. He crawled out onto Kevin's hand and then up his arm and onto his back. I ran and grabbed my camera to take these pics. Isn't he cute?
After the lizard left, we had tons of hummingbirds and all different colors and kinds! I was able to get one good pic. They are just SO fast.
I am afraid Kevin is going to have to move the feeder. It drips onto the deck and attracts lots of other little creatures I am afraid.
Well, I'm off to get some work done. Thanks for stopping by!
~Angel

13 comments:

Peggy said...

WOW Angel! That is the most amazing picture of the hummingbird!! It could be a post card of something. I can't wait until I can buy a feeder and some other bird stuff.

Kelley Holland said...

Make your own next time:
http://www.birdgoods.com/birdinfo/hummingbirdjuice.htm

Great picture!!!

Megan said...

How NEAT! I love hummingbirds, they are just such incredible creatures.

Shade of my Heart said...

We just filled our hummingbird feeders yesterday, too! Aren't they fun to watch! What an amazing picture, Angel!!! WOW! I love the reflection of the trees in the "juice," too!
I know some plants/flowers the deer LOVE to eat if you can't find a salt lick! My parents can't keep the deer away from their plants!

Rachel said...

What an awesome photo!!! I actually took the camera outside yesterday to try to catch a pic of ours, but I just couldn't sit still long enough to get a good picture. Maybe I'll just borrow yours! LOL

Rose Ann said...

I love your pictures, Angel...and I love watching all of nature!! I hope you can find the salt lick. Hugs!!

Tiff said...

To be able to capture a picture of a hummingbird in motion is incredible! Well done. And your lizard friend is cute too!

Jami said...

What an awesome picture! When we get back to AZ, dh wants to build a hummingbird garden in our back yard. Retirement will be so sweet!

amazingpapergrace.com said...

What a serene picture!! This is awesome...so glad you got the shot!
--Becca

Suzy said...

What an amazing picture!

Suzy

Amy Sheffer said...

Wow, Angel!! What a great photo!!!

Peggy said...

Yes yes yes, I nominated you AGAIN for an award:) You should keep all of your awards on your side bar. I think I am going to do that.
Love U!

Kellys Art Journaling/ Sharing The Journey said...

Angel... it is so nice to get an update from you and see you stamping again. I love the hummingbird feeder ~ that picture is great of the hummingbird. I would love if my hubby would hang one for me but we do not have anywere to hang one... hmmmm... I should make some place to do that.
Next year is PROJECT YARD! LOL as we have been working on the inside of our house for almost two years now! Yikes! I am glad to see you creating again... it must feel so good.
Much love and hugs