Friday, May 9, 2008

Patriotic Mojo

Card Recipe~
Stamps: On Eagle's Wings from Our Daily Bread, Flannel background (SU)
Ink: Palette Black Noir, Night of Navy
Paper: Natural Ivory, Kraft, Ruby Red, Shimmery White, Night of Navy, DP from The Paper Studio
Accessories: Paper Piercing Tool, Cuttlebug, Clear button, Linen thread, star punch
I knew I wanted to make a patriotic card with this Our Daily Bread set the moment I received it. Doesn't that eagle just look "American and proud of it" to you?
I started my card by stamping the eagle on shimmery white cardstock, coloring it in with my ink pads and blender pens and cutting it out. I attached it to the flag DP from The Paper Studio and then punched out the small area I wanted to focus on. After I had that small piece was when I saw Julee's Mojo Monday sketch for the week. It was the perfect direction for my design to go.
Unfortunately I had to nix a couple of ideas I had because some of my things are packed away and in storage. (Darn it!) So, it didn't turn out as I had hoped, but I kinda like it. What do ya think?
I'm off to work on Beate's sketch now.
Have a great day!
~Angel

2 comments:

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

This looks fabulous! Love that eagle. Thanks for playing! :)

Peggy said...

Hey, that turned out great!