Sunday, March 2, 2008

Fact #38

I dropped out of high school.
I am such a bad example.
BUT, I did go back and get my GED.
I was surprised to learn how many famous people there are who dropped out of high school. Would you believe Simon Cowell from American Idol? How about Joseph Pulitzer- founder of the Pulitzer Prize? Albert Einstein, Walt Disney..... several US Presidents and many millionaires are on the list.
I don't feel as bad as I did at the beginning of this post.
BUT, I won't let me children or godchildren drop out of school.

Stay in School, Zach.
The Tassle is worth the Hassle.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey Angel. I really like these facts. This is something I didn't know about you. Thanks for sharing and for being so honest. Love and miss ya.
Chrystal

Jan Scholl said...

a lot of people drop out-many have really good reasons. Just never stop learning.

as for Simon Cowell from AMerican IDol-he is still an idiot. No amount of education degrees would ever make him otherwise. I am so glad I no longer have local broadcast tv.

I am watching ESPN.

~Shade of my Heart~ said...

Ok... I learned something new about my friend!! I like these facts. I think I'm about to reveal some "unknown" in the next couple days, too! I still love ya, my sister!

Peggy said...

Me too. I might as well admit it. I showed Zach your post:) But I am not showing him my comment. LOL

Kelly said...

Your funny! My sister dropped out of school when she got pregnant - now she has five children and is currently in school to become a lawyer! She is very ambitious. I personally do not think graduating highschool determines what you can or cannot achieve.