Saturday, March 8, 2008

Divine Design

It is that time of the month and once again, my friends and fellow "Scripture Chicks": Lori, Jami, Taylor and Nancy are displaying their projects for the Divine Design monthly Bible Verse Challenge.
For this month's Bible Verse Challenge, I decided to use my favorite scripture of all time.

This scripture speaks to me like no other and I consider it my life's verse.
I made another page for my 6x6 book using Daisy D's papers for my inspiration!

It's hard to see in the photo (I just couldn't get my lighting right), but the green strip is paper pierced with holes all the way down. The folder 'tab' is a die-cut sticker that is from Daisy D's as well. I dyed the twill using ink pads from Tim Holtz. It was a little darker than the mustard color I was going for, but that's okay. The scripture is computer generated for this project.
Recipe:
Stamps~ CHF Notebook paper
Ink~ Bashful Blue
Paper~ Daisy D's DP, Handsome Hunter, Ruby Red, So Saffron, Black CS
Accessories~ Spiral punch, May Arts red striped ribbon, fern punch, spiral clip(Target), twill (SU), Creative Imaginations rub-ons- wingding and "Blessed", paper Piercer


I found the following write-up on the web. It was labeled "Author Unknown" or I would certainly give credit to the writer.

"Did you know that an eagle knows when a storm
is approaching long before it breaks?
The eagle will fly to some high spot
and wait for the winds to come.
When the storm hits, it sets its wings so that the wind will
pick it up and lift it above the storm. While the storm rages, below the
eagle is soaring above it. The eagle does
not escape the storm, it simply uses the storm
to lift it higher. It rises on the winds that bring the
storm. When the storms of life come upon us
... and all of us will experience them
... we can rise above them by setting our minds and our
belief toward God. The storms do not have to overcome us,
we can allow God's power to lift us
above them. God enables us to ride the winds of the storm
that bring sickness, tragedy, failure, and
disappointment into our lives.
We can soar above the storm."

Isn't that awesome? I love it!
Please play along with our challenge if you are so inclined. The only specifications are:
  • Use a scripture on your project (not a quote)
  • If you upload to Splitcoast- use BVC08
  • Please let me know and I will link you here as well!
  • Have fun!

  • I have this post set to automatically post at 11:00 am EST.
    Me, Katie and Kevin are working at the Atlanta Motor Speedway this weekend. We hope to see some racin' while we're there! Go #88!
    Have a great weekend!
    ~Angel

    ETA~ Check out this post from Jen of The Coconut Scrapshop.
    She's been Divine Design Challenged. Have you?




    14 comments:

    dana said...

    I'm so excited to see these beautiful projects. The verse you used gave me some goose bumps, loved it. I can't wait to see what everyone else comes up with.

    Lori Craig said...

    Oh Angel...I love your choice this month, and I love collection of scripture with the beautiful Daisy D paper. Your layout is wonderful! The poem is the perfect compliment. You bless me over and over again in our friendship. My cup runneth over. I love you!

    Kelly said...

    Angel that was so incredibly beautiful about the Eagle and the storm. I think that would make for an awesome card!
    I read that you were having a tough day the other day with muscle spasms in your back ~ I pray for God to come down and heal you and bless you with complete restoration and comfort. Bless you Angel. Thanks for sharing this beautiful poem (or write up)
    Hugs
    Have fun this weekend

    Unknown said...

    This is beautiful Angel! Love your verse and quote to go with it. I'm really enjoying this challenge.

    Corie said...

    Angel, this is just so beautiful!!

    Anonymous said...

    Angel,
    Love your beautiful card. That is one of my favorite verses also. Thanks for sharing.
    JoAnn B.

    nancy said...

    Angel, this is beautiful! Thank you so much for sharing the poem too. This scripture is one of my favorites too = )

    Anonymous said...

    The papers you chose are beautiful for this project. Thanks so much for sharing the poem as well - a wonderful picture!

    -Jami

    Anonymous said...

    Angel, this verse is in my next set! So guesss you;ll that!

    Lesli said...

    Beautiful Book - very inspiring - I love the scripture you chose!

    Janet said...

    I finally got a card made with scripture on it. I am just a day late!LOL Here is the link to my card on SCS:
    http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/gallery/photo/842979?si=SFYTT&perpage=12
    Have a great week!

    Sharon Harnist said...

    Beautiful, Angel!

    Taylor said...

    Beautiful, Angel! What a wonderful scripture choice. I'm just loving seeing what everyone chooses for their scripture! So inspiring!

    Rose Ann said...

    This is so very beautiful, Angel!!