Friday, February 8, 2008

Bible Verse Challenge

It's time again for the Bible Verse Challenge. The challenge (BVC08 on Splitcoast) is to complete a monthly project based on a scripture you choose. What's cool is at the end of the year the monthly pieces will be combined into one complete project. Each designer will have their own spin on the challenge and I am sure there will be some amazing designs within this group! Me? I'm putting together a book- completing a page or two each month. The book is 6x6.
I'm anxious to see what the other girls have done this month! Some of them are on their way to California as we speak for CHA (Craft and Hobby Association trade show). Lucky Ducks!
The "Scripture Chicks" include Nancy at Paper Smiles, Jami of More is More ,Taylor at Taylored Expressions and of course Lori of Make a Difference. And YOU
are invited to join us each month too (on the 8th of the month). Display your project on your blog or gallery. Please come back and let me know so I can see?
"Be still and know that I am God."
Psalm 46:10

This is one of my favorite scriptures so I knew I had to use it for the Bible Verse Challenge! My design here is very simple and I decided I really liked it that way so I didn't add anything. I am keeping with my Daisy D papers for my projects. Oh my goodness..... they are gorgeous.
Card Recipe:
Stamps: none
Ink: none
Paper: Basic Black, Bashful Blue, Daisy D's DP
Accessories: Doodlebug gingham ribbon (thanks, Peg!), spiral clip from Target, computer generated verse Hallmark font- Pegsanna, tearing
Hope everyone has a great Friday! I'll be back later!
~Angel
When times are hard and you can not see the light,
remember what He said. Walk by faith, not by sight.

10 comments:

nancy said...

Angel, I love the scripture you chose...one of my favorite too! And your project is gorgeous = )! Have an awesome day!!!

Taylor said...

We chose the same verse! Love it! Beautiful design and patterned papers. The simplicity speaks volumes! (((HUGS)))

Tricia T said...

Gorgeous! Seems like we all need to "be still" more in the midst of our busy-ness.

Here's my addition to your challenge...

http://jami.blogs.splitcoaststampers.com/

Blessings!

Sharon in NE said...

Beautiful card and I love the verse. Sometimes easier said than done but how wonderful when I finally do become quiet and still and realize His supremacy.

Just Me said...

Simple yet elegant... I could frame it and put it on my wall :)
could you tell me what font you used?

Peggy said...

That's beautiful!

Angel said...

The font is a Hallmark font that came with a Scrapbooking program I got for Christmas. Pegsanna is the name of it.

Rose Ann said...

This is so beautiful, Angel!

Deanne Clarke said...

Gorgeous card!

Diane Noble said...

I LOVE this card and love your blog. Found it through the Excellent Award on Nancy's Paper Smiles. So glad I found you. I love anything with Scripture on it. I'm so intrigued by the Bible Verse Challenge. Wish I could have started at the beginning. Too late? Where do I go to find out more? Blessings on your blog. God's Word will never return void!