Wednesday, September 5, 2007

grOoVY bABy!


Oh, I know that was a corny title. Sorry. :-)
Yesterday's Splitcoast Color Challenge was to use Groovy Guava and Always Artichoke. I'm really starting to like doing challenges as you can probably tell. They give me a starting point for my projects and then my creative juices kick in (sometimes). I think this was one of those times as I am pretty pleased with the outcome here.
As always, you can skip the small print and not miss anything if you're unconcerned with the 4-1-1.
Details, details- Card base is Groovy Guava stamped with lg flower from Autumn Leaves Flowers Stamps by Rhonna Farrer and small daisy from Priceless (SU) in Kraft White. Quote is from a vellum 12x12 sheet by Deja Views first mounted on a Basic Grey DP and then onto Always Artichoke and then onto Vanilla with aged copper brads. Vanilla is punched with SU Spiral tab punch. Another flower from same AL set is stamped in Basic Brown onto Basic Grey (Blush) DP and mounted with dimensionals. I used an age copper brad and a washer from hubby's tool chest. I toyed with the idea of ribbon for the stem, but instead crinkled up a piece of Always Artichoke (spritzing it with water first and then ironing it for a crisp look) for the stem and hand cut leaf.
I got an early start today since I have a ton to do. Hopefully I will have more time to check out today's challenge on Splitcoast.
Have a great day, friends!
~Angel

5 comments:

Rose Ann said...

This is such a pretty card, Angel! I love your flower, and the quote is so nice!

Deborah said...

This is a lovely card Angel! Deb

michelle sturgeon said...

Very pretty! I love Groovy Guava.

kathy said...

What a nice card. I love the sentiment on it and the colors are great. Thanks for visiting my blog and I will be checking on yours daily so keep up the creativity

Anonymous said...

Love your card!