Thursday, September 27, 2007

Butterfly in Distress


Well, actually it's just a very distressed butterfly. I got this beautiful butterfly image in the mail from Sandy at A Colourful World. She also sent a few other goodies including an awesome "A" magnet that I just {heart}!
This butterfly was so pretty, but I am not sure who makes it. I just know I couldn't wait to color it and make a card using it. I think this card is so pretty in real life. MY photography does it no justice. This card is my submission for Sara's Sketch #18!
Details, details- I drybrushed a bit of Buttercup colored Plaid acrylic paint onto a Garden Green card base that I also stamped with the "Sanded" background stamp. Butterfly was colored in with my blender pen using garden Green, Not Quite Navy and More Mustard ink pad lids. I then distressed the edges using the SU Cutter Kit and crinkled up the cardstock a lot! (Then I ironed it....heehee) It is mounted onto Not Quite Navy CS and then onto as strip of My Mind's Eye DP. Below that strip is Not Quite Navy peeking out. To this edge I added some "Terrifically Tacky Tape" (red tape) and added some beads- Art Accentz Treasure Beads in Golden Yellow. Sentiment from "So Grateful" was stamped in Not Quite Navy on a scrap of DP (?) and folded then stapled onto the main image panel. SU Celery narrow organdy ribbon tied in a bow finished it off.


I wasn't around much yesterday, but I managed to stamp a few other cards that I can't wait to share with ya! So, Y'all come back now, Ya hear?
Cuz I feel like a stampin'!
~Angel

5 comments:

Deborah said...

Beautiful butterfly image! Love the torn edges, have fun today stampin'! Deb

Rose Ann said...

This is gorgeous! I love how you've colored the beautiful butterfly, and all of those little beads are so pretty! Lovely card, Angel!

Jules said...

What an awesome butterfly. I love this card!

Sara said...

Ohhh, Pretty! Love these colors!

Sandy said...

Fabby! I love what you did with that butterfly...it's one of my fave stamps! :)