Thursday, August 9, 2007

Friends Forever


"Friendship without self interest is one of the rare and beautiful things in life."


"A friend is someone who reaches for your hand, but touches your heart."


"A friend will strengthen you with her prayers, bless you with her love, and encourage you with her hope."

"I'd like to be the sort of friend that you have been to me. . . I'd like to be the help you've always been glad to be; I'd like to mean as much to you each minute of the day, as you have meant, old friend of mine, to me along the way."


"A friend is like a rainbow. They brighten your life when you've been through a storm."

"Love doesn't make the world go round, it makes the ride worthwhile." -F.P. Jones
"You never lose by loving. You always lose by holding back." -Barbara DeAngelis

"True friends are never apart, maybe in distance, but not in heart"

"Most people come into our lives and quickly leave. It is the special few that come in and leave a footprint in our hearts. and we are forever changed."

I have a friend, a very good friend, named Lori. Can I just take a few minutes on my blog and tell you a story about my friend? Lori happens to live less than an hour from the town where my son was getting married. She is an amazingly gifted multi-talented queen and I have known her for over five years. We met as Stampin Up demos and bonded over stamping time at a teacher resource center in Wichita, Kansas- and not often enough!
I called her one day a few months ago to ask for her help in planning the rehearsal dinner that the parents of the groom are responsible for. Not being local to the wedding, my first thought was to have it catered by a local BBQ place. Lori asked me if I wanted her to ask her hubby if he would smoke the meat instead...something he does every now and then (and quite well I might add!) I said "sure!" and he agreed. Lori helped me plan the rest of the meal that I figured I would buy at the BBQ place. Nonchalantly, she asked if she could call me back in a few minutes. When she did I was overwhelmed with surprise when she said she and her mother would make practically the whole thing! From potato salad to a fruit tray to rolls and brownies and everything in between. Not only did Lori make the meal, her and her mom and dad (two more gracious and wonderful people you'll ever have the chance to meet) served and cleaned up after us! THAT is what I call a friend. A true blessing only God could create!
And the meal was amazing!!!!!
Thank you, Lori, Maxine and Jim!



4 comments:

Rose Ann said...

What a beautiful friendship! I love that picture of the both of you. ;)

Debbi (no 'e' on the end) said...

What a wonderful Friend....she sounds awesome. Now to get her to move close to you so you can have fun all the time together. The dinner & the wedding sound fabulous. So glad it all went well for everyone. The bride is stunning....beautiful gown & your son definately looks very happy. Bless you all!

~Shade of my Heart~ said...

HI Lori!!! She is still so awesome! What a cool thing she and her mom did!!!!

Ijsbeer said...

Love this post!! I am sending these quotes to my friends:)