Saturday, July 21, 2007

Simply Saturday & Vintage Violet

I just received my new catty order this week and was putting away my new "in-color" pads and was very surprised to see I had never used one of the colors from last year. The ink pad was unopened and the card stock was unopened. Even the matching stitched ribbon was unopened! For goodness sakes! I guess it wasn't one of my favorites. I'd love to hear what you thought of this color.
Well, since it wasn't used at all, I made sure to use it at least once. Simply Saturday was a good day to go for it.
Details, details- You can't get much simpler. Two cards in 5 minutes. PaperTrey's Stamper's Select White Card stock is my starting point. I punched 3 holes along the bottom with my SU 3/4" circle punch. Using Vintage Violet ink I stamped my new "Little Flowers" stamps inside the holes. HB greeting is from SU retired "Birthday Greetings" and friendship sentiment is from Rubber Stamping Fun- my review set. Vintage Violet stitched ribbon finishes it off.

NOW.... I would have used the air art tool and a touch of Vintage Violet ink to relieve a bit of the starkness. HOWEVER, there are no matching markers for the in-colors. A bit of a pet peeve for me. The itty-bitty background stamp just isn't what I want to use all of the time. It's not the same effect, KWIM? Okay, I will get off my soapbox.
I am off to make my Sketch This challenge card after I make waffles for my kiddos!
Have a great weekend~
Angel

4 comments:

michelle sturgeon said...

WOW, you went a whole year without using Vintage Violet? It was my MUST USE colour for Halloween! It matched the awesome Halloween paper SU put out last year! That said, Halloween was the only time I used Vintage Violet!
I like the punched circle effect on your cards!

Rose Ann said...

Very cute! VV wasn't one of my faves either, but I used it a little.

Anonymous said...

I don't think I have touched Vintage Violet either. I am, however, just discovering buckaroo blue (spent all my time loving cool caribbean and cranberry crisp). Now I am regretful that I don't have more buc. blue paper or ink. I'm thinking this would have made nice Christmas cards (I don't have this year's colors yet, so maybe I'll feel better after seeing blue bayou).
I really like these cards, especially the punched out windows for the stamps. Sometimes I like simple, plain cards like these instead of a ton of accents. Thanks for sharing.

Mrs. Nancy G said...

What an awesome design. Interesting too!

Congrats on the blog candy win over at Creations by Corie!

:-)