Thursday, July 26, 2007

Priceless Anniversary


I found myself seriously short on anniversary cards for the month of August. It seems to be an extremely popular wedding month! And there will be one more in August next year as my son's wedding is coming up very quickly. I added a countdown widget on my sidebar this morning with the official wedding countdown. I can't look at it very often though. It makes me nervous. I already can't sleep well. I was awake at 4:30 this morning. That is why you see so many updates and changes on my blog today. heeheehee
I made 8 of the card you see here. Some of them are slightly different but the color scheme and such are the same. I found that the Tres Chic background has words that are perfect for an anniversary card. And I really like this Soft Sky color. This really would be my "Simply Saturday card" it was so easy. But we won't be here on Saturday so I am posting it today!
Details, details- Card base is Soft Sky with "Tres Chic" stamped with Soft Sky ink. Heart from "Priceless is stamped on Whisper White and colored in with the blender pen (have I mentioned that I hate that there are no markers for the "in-colors"?) I used both Blue Bayou and the Soft Sky pad lids for this. The small piece of background paper is one of my favorite My Mind's Eye DPs and I used pop dots under the heart. The swirl from the same Priceless set is stamped with Palette Noir black ink as is the sentiment from Stampabilities. I had not added the glitter yet when this pic was taken, but it adds a perfect sparkle.
This card was super simple and I even had time to stamp the envelopes to match. That is what I worked on as I waited for my hair color to set in last night. I am getting a lot of things checked off my list. I got my hair cut and colored yesterday AND I found a pair of shoes to match my dress. I was starting to think I wasn't going to find a good match. But, the kids and I went in to Macon yesterday and I popped in to Shoe Carnival and there they were....on CLEARANCE! YEAH!
I colored Katie's hair last night as well. When I went to bed her hair was still wet. I am anxious to see what it looks like this morning. She went much darker. Cross your fingers....:-)
I hope to get to post tomorrow...... we'll see how that goes. Have a happy Thursday!
~Angel

7 comments:

Debbi (no 'e' on the end) said...

This card is absolutely beautiful Angel. August is a good month for marriages....that's when DH & I tied the knot almost 27 years ago. Best Wishes to your son & his future wife....to a long happy life together.

So Sonya said...

What a stunning card, it really is beautiful

Classroomfree said...

Gorgeous card, I just love that colour.

Rose Ann said...

Very pretty anniversary card! I love the colors and popped heart!

Mrs. Nancy G said...

What a a great stamping combination! Love the card.
:-)

Anonymous said...

Wow!! I love this! The sky blue and black. It is beautiful!

Anonymous said...

This is beautiful!