Friday, April 1, 2011

Friends With Flair Friday

I have another butterfly card today as I play along with the Unity's Friends with Flair. I've been showing you my Unity all week long. But today I join other stampers from all over showing our Unity flair.
I was quite excited to see this leopard print butterfly and matching background stamp in the March Kit of the Month. One of my best friends is a teacher at a school where the mascot is a jaguar so wild animal prints are definitely "her".

I only wanted You... on the front of the card so I masked the "BE YOU" sentiment from the February KOM- The Best is Yet to Be", and added the dots with a fine tipped black marker. I know that there is a Cuttlebug folder with animal prints, but I don't have it so I settled on the Tim Holtz "Damask" folder instead. Disco Black embossing powder was perfect for the butterfly which is popped up on the scalloped oval panel. And doesn't that vintage rick rack add just the right touch? Love it!
How about a little fun? I've got a little something to send to the first person to guess what specific brand and color of cardstock & ink I used on this card (besides black and white). What do you think? Leave a comment on this post with your guess. That comment will also put you in the drawing for a Unity kit. I will draw that name on Sunday!
Follow the Friends with Flair hop by visiting the Unity blog for the list of friends!
Pssst...you could win Unity stamps!
Have a GREAT day!
~Angel

This card was made for the following challenges:


26 comments:

Colleen Dietrich said...

Oooh, a wild butterfly card! How cool! I like your embossed background, too. THanks for playing wtih Speedy's Friends. :)

NoraAnne said...

I love your card, so much Unity goodness :) and you lost me on the cardstock~I'm not very good with that! But such a fun idea!

bethann said...

this is a great card. your friend should be very pleased to get it

Emily (stampingout on SCS) said...

This is absolutely GORGEOUS!

Kellys Art Journaling/ Sharing The Journey said...

Beautiful card ANgel. I love the matching butterfly!

Houses Built of Cards said...

GORGEOUS card!!! LOVE it!!! So...I really have no idea what the paper and ink are, but I am going to guess Stamping Up??? Only have a chance if I TRY to guess, right? Thanks for the giveaway!

housesbuiltofcards@gmail.com
www.housesbuiltofcards.blogspot.com

Sarah B. said...

I love the 3D elements to this card! Lovely!

Cindy Haffner said...

Very very PRETTY!!~

Victoria said...

Love your background and your butterfly just pops off the page!!

Catherine Schroeder said...

Beautiful card! I love the light orange colors! Great idea to incorporate her school's mascot!

My Angel said...

Lovely Card!! Love the colors!!

MelissaS said...

so pretty! I am loving your Unity posts :)

My guess is SU! Peach Parfait...

waitn4grc said...

Love the card. I am going to guess Blue Bliss. Don't really know. You are doing any awesome job.
Chrystal

sharon g said...

Mark's Finest Papers Aged Sunflower cardstock, white storm card stock from MFP, Tim Holtz Distress Ink in Mustard Seed, Noir Black Hybrid Ink. I'm sure I'm wrong, but I sure tried.....love the animal print butterfly. I haven't used mine yet. But I will now that I've seen how cute it can be...

Carol said...

Love your card! I have no idea what brand of card stock, perhaps Gina K?

Carol B
ciaoitalia2007(at)gmail(dot)com

Ashley Anderson said...

I love this color combo! My guess is SU! More Mustard.

Katrina said...

Great card!!!!! LOVE it....such a unique take, but it's beautiful!!!! hugs Katrina

Gwen said...

Great card, love how you used that stamp!
I guess PTI and Tim Holtz!

Roslyn said...

it's a beautiful card. I love the colour scheme!

Creative Mish said...

I haven't used SU colors but I'm guessing More Mustard? Is that still one of their colors? I love that butterfly and the leopard stamp, too. Pretty

Susan Raihala said...

Fab card! Love your layout and how warm and friendly the card is!

Those colors can look so Halloween, but you've totally avoided that...and I only notice because I just tried using these colors on a butterfly card and it absolutely screamed Halloween and so ended up in the trash LOL! You ROCK!

Denise said...

Pretty card! Love the colors! I will guess SU More Mustard also!
DeniseB

Rose Ann said...

What a beautiful butterfly!! I love the embossing and pretty colors!!

Beate said...

Beautiful card. Love that embossed butterfly.

Betty Wright said...

Angel, this is beautiful! Wonderful colors and design! I love the embossed butterfly! Thanks so much for playing Flourishes FTTC Challenge!

Lena Katrine said...

Such a delicate creation in beautiful colours, papers and details! Thanks for playing with us at the WOC Challenge, hope to see you again next time :)
Hugs, Lena K