Thursday, March 31, 2011

Butterflies a Plenty!


Here is the last of my cards using the Woodhaven papers (for now) . I really do enjoy them so much so you are sure to see them again one day. I hardly dented the package!
I've used the beautiful butterfly frame from Unity's March Kit of the Month.
For those of you who know me, you know that my hubby calls me "Butterfly". He started calling me that many years ago after I got my butterfly tattoo. And so I LOVE butterflies. In addition to many beautiful stamps I collect jewelry pins of butterflies. They are just so delicate and beautiful. What's not to love? I knew I wanted to use the butterfly frame for my card and put my sentiment there.
When I looked at the sketch I chose for inspiration, I knew most people would use the smaller oval for their sentiment. But I thought of a group of butterflies in flight for this spot.
I started with an oval punch and added the different butterflies tacking down only one wing or the center of their body.
I hope you can imagine them flying off the card.
Don't forget to become a follower and leave a comment on this post. Because I am the "Growing in Unity" stamper this week, you can comment once on each post this week for an opportunity to win a Unity kit!
I will be drawing a winner on Sunday so be sure to check back then!
Blessings!
Angel
This card was made to complete the following challenges:
Card Recipe:
Stamps- Butterfly frame from "Just You" Unity's March KOM; sentiment from Verve's "Fluttering By"
Ink-Memento Rich Cocoa, Baja Breeze
Paper-Baja Breeze, Kraft, White, Colorbok Woodhaven DP
Accessories- Martha Stewart butterfly punches, Victorian CB folder, SU eyelet border punch, Paper Studio Pearls, sponge

18 comments:

Lori Craig said...

Very sweet. LOVE all those butterflies! Beautiful take on the sketch! Hugs!

Erin said...

Those butterflies really do look like they are flying! What a peaceful card...

Ashley Anderson said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE the butterflies!

First said...

Oh, this is just gorgeous! LOVE that cloud of butterflies!

Anonymous said...

The butterflies are awesome. Beautiful card.
Chrystal

Deborah said...

Oh I love the little corner gathering of butterflies.

Catherine Schroeder said...

Those butterflies are adorable! I love all the pearl accents! Great job! :D

Fliss said...

A really pretty card and I do love those butterflies - something I adore too. Love the colours you chose.
Thanks for sharing your creation with us at LIIU and good luck!
x

Carol said...

I love those butterflies and pearls, so pretty!

Carol B
ciaoitalia2007(at)gmail(dot)com

Creative Mish said...

This is amazing! I love all of thos butterfly punches. Great Sentiment... PS.. I'll email you a list of the places I buy my Seam binding ribbon.

Anonymous said...

What a lovely card. Love how the butterflies are "flying" off the card! Thanks for sharing. And, welcome to unity-great stamps.
Jo4Him

Alice Wertz said...

love the cluster of butterflies! lovely card!

Victoria said...

Oh how I CAN see them fly out at me!! These are totally beautiful butterflies!!! I love this card. Your colours are so perfect! Amazing work as usual! Tfs! This made my day!!! Thanks. Love love love it!!!!! Flutterbys is what I call them as they flutter... By me! Not that a see too many in this part of Alberta!! Calgary has lots of wildlife but not many beauties like on your card!!

bethann said...

LOVE all the b'lies gathered in that spot, it makes it so special

Diane said...

OK,this is one of the most beautiful butterfly cards I've seen! Butterflies mean sooo much to me,it is the symbol of a Transplant,don't know if you knew that or not. But anything I see with butterflies I just love them,they mean soo much to my hubby and I!
A second chance of life for me!

Claire said...

Gorgeous card, I love the soft colours and the way you've used all those beautiful butterflies! Thanks for joining us at Let's Ink It Up and good luck
Claire xx

Denise said...

Such a pretty cluster of butterflies! Very nice card. love the embossed layers too!
DeniseB

Rose Ann said...

This is such a beautiful sketch card, Angel!! I love the papers and all of your fabulous butterflies!!